Financial support from King Families pays for programs and initiatives that allow our students – and our community – to thrive. One of the best ways King Families can help support students and the many vital programs at our school is by participating in the PTA’s direct donation drive called the Friends of King.
Our goal for 2016-2017 is to have ALL king families participate in our efforts to raise $125,000. The PTA needs approximately $300 per student to fully fund our programs. If you’re able, please consider making a tax deductible contribution in this amount; however, any amount that is significant to you will help us reach our goal.
Among the things your gift helps support:
- Classroom Supplies from paper and pencils to cow eyes for dissection in science class
- Edible Schoolyard Staffing for our cooking and gardening program and family night out events
- Writer Coaches for all 8th graders provide 1:1 support to do their best writing
- Student Activities Director and Lunchtime Supervisors to direct our kids to positive activities
- Lifeguards to enable swim classes for all King students
- More than 400 student athletes playing on 20+ sports teams (over half on honor roll!)
- Technology and Equipment Upgrades to ensure our computer systems actively support learning
- Community building events like the Welcome Fair, 6th Grade Welcome Dinners, and Fall Festival
Donations can be made online on a one-time or recurring basis or checks can be made out to “King PTA” and dropped off in the school office or mailed to Friends of King, MLK Middle School, 1781 Rose Street, Berkeley, CA 94703. All donations to King PTA are tax deductible under the tax ID #94-6183862.
Employer Matching Grants
Many employers will match your donations. Why not increase your gift in this easy and painless way? Simply ask your Human Resources Department if they offer matching donations. Below is proof of our nonprofit status and other helpful details your employer may require.
|Name of nonprofit entity||Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School PTA|
|Proof of nonprofit status||Charitable Trust Number and Confirmation Letter (PDF)|
|501(c)3 determination letter||501(c)3 determination letter (PDF)|
|Contact information||PTA Treasurer1781 Rose Street, Berkeley, CA 94703-1048(510) 644-4544|
Please contact your Friends of King team at: firstname.lastname@example.org