One of the main sources of support for King Middle School is the Friends of King program.
Great things are happening at King! The excitement at the Welcome Fair and Back-to-School Night was powerful and contagious. Our children are growing and learning because of a remarkable and dedicated staff, inspiring leaders, and the vigorous engagement of our parent community.
Financial support from King families funds programs and initiatives that allow our students—and our community—to thrive. We ask every King family to make a generous donation to the 2012–2013 Friends of King Campaign. Please make King a priority and donate $300 per student ($30 per month) to continue our vital programs and activities that make King special. Your gift supports:
- Classroom supplies including cow eyes for dissection in science class
- Edible Schoolyard staffing to enhance the student experience in this valuable program.
- Writer Coaches for all 8th grade students
- Drama productions for the entire year
- 400 student athletes playing on 20 sports teams. More than half our athletes achieve honor roll.
- Technology support and equipment upgrades to ensure our computer systems actively support learning.
- Community building events, including the Welcome Fair, 6th Grade Welcome Dinners, and Fall Community Party
- Eighth grade graduation dance financial and logistical support
- Parent education to help us grow with our middle schoolers
Our school must raise a total of $151,000 for 2012–2013 to continue these programs. The Friends of King direct giving campaign is by far our largest fundraiser. Please give generously—this is your best opportunity to support our school. We’re counting on you to help us as we work toward our goal this year of 100% participation by King Families.
The spirit of partnership and community for which we strive reflects the hopes and dreams of our school’s namesake, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Thank you for honoring his legacy with your generous donation to the Friends of King.
Thank you in advance for bring a Friend of King.
Janet Levenson, Principal — Christine Staples, PTA President — Charlotte Worsley, Friend of King Co-Chair — Brade Wiblin, Friends of King Co-Chair
Please note that donations to Friends of King
are tax deductable under the tax ID # 94-6183862.
Checks should be made out to King PTA.
Keep feeling the need for being important, for being first. But be the first in love, in moral excellence, in generosity. —Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.